Telephone service frequent disconnection
Your telephone service is active for few minutes, hours or days, then suddenly there is no dial tone/ no incoming call/ no outgoing call/ noisy call/ noisy dial tone.
This kind of problem occurs if
=> Problem from Solution Provider side
- the ONT (optical network terminal, i.e. main connection box) is receiving poor optical signal strength from FDH (fiber distribution hub located at main telephone room). Such problem can be solved by changing the fiber optic fast connector (at ONT side and/or FDH side) and/or fiber cable.
- there is high loss of optical signal from FDH itself, such problem can be resolved by maintaining the main splitter feeder and/or splitter port mapped to the ONT.
- the power adapter of the ONT is faulty or not proper, so it can be resolved by changing the power adapter.
- the ONT port or ONT itself is faulty, so it can be resolved by changing the ONT.
- Check the telephone wire and RJ11 connector condition. If the wire is not properly connected to the socket or to the telephone or to the ONT, you may experience frequent disconnection.
- Check the condition of the telephone patch wire connected between ONT and the telephone socket,
- In many cases such problem is due to faulty wire connection inside the telephone socket.